Lifted Logic Web Design in Kansas City clock location phone play chevron-down chevron-left chevron-right chevron-up checkbox checkbox-checked radio radio-selected instagram google plus pinterest youtube send arrow-left arrow-right iphone magnifying-glass facebook linkedin twitter start-over down-arrow quotation-marks video diamond oblong oval rectangle round square triangle chat

How to Recover Compensation if the Driver Flees the Scene

Personal Injuries / December 27, 2023

Navigating the aftermath of a hit-and-run accident can be a terrifying experience, one filled with physical and emotional distress. While recovering from such incidents may be complex, victims can take solace in the fact that there are options available to secure compensation for their injuries and losses. When facing the aftermath of a hit-and-run accident, it’s essential to have a dedicated legal team by your side to navigate the complexities of personal injury claims and insurance matters. 

At Hollis Law Firm, our experienced team is here to help you seek the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation, and let us assist you in your journey towards justice and recovery. Our legal experts have a proven track record of advocating for victims’ rights, and we are committed to providing you with the support and guidance you need during this challenging time. Don’t let the actions of a negligent driver leave you in despair; reach out to Hollis Law Firm and take the first step toward securing the compensation you are entitled to.

Options to Recover Compensation if the Driver Flees the Scene

Being involved in a car accident is a stressful and often traumatic experience. However, when the at-fault driver decides to flee the scene, the situation can become even more complicated. Hit-and-run accidents are unfortunately not uncommon, and they can leave victims with physical injuries, emotional distress, and financial burdens. Fortunately, options are available to help victims recover compensation when the responsible driver disappears. 

Contact the Police

The first and most crucial step to take after a hit-and-run accident in Kansas City is to call the police. Providing them with as much information as possible about the incident can help their investigation. This includes details about the vehicle, the driver, and the circumstances surrounding the accident. Law enforcement will conduct an investigation and try to locate the driver responsible.

Seek Witnesses and Gather Evidence

If there were any witnesses to the accident, their statements could be vital in tracking down the responsible driver. Additionally, gather as much evidence as possible, such as photos of the accident scene, damage to your vehicle, and any debris left behind. This information can help law enforcement and your insurance company in their efforts to identify the driver.

Uninsured Motorist Coverage

In Kansas City, uninsured motorist (UM) coverage is not mandatory, but it is highly recommended. If you have this type of coverage, it can provide compensation for your injuries and damages in the event of a hit-and-run accident. It essentially acts as a safety net when the at-fault driver cannot be identified or is uninsured.

Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Insurance

Kansas City is a no-fault state, meaning that drivers are required to have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. PIP can provide benefits for medical expenses, lost wages, and other related costs regardless of who is at fault in the accident. This coverage can be beneficial if the hit-and-run driver is never found or does not have insurance.

MedPay Coverage

Medical Payments (MedPay) coverage is another optional insurance coverage that can help pay for your medical expenses after a hit-and-run accident. It can be used in conjunction with other insurance options, providing additional financial support for your medical bills.

Hiring an Attorney

If the at-fault driver remains unidentified, and your insurance options do not fully cover your losses, it may be worthwhile to consult with a personal injury attorney. An experienced attorney can help you explore legal avenues to seek compensation, such as pursuing a lawsuit against unknown defendants or exploring other sources of potential recovery.

Crime Victims’ Compensation

In some cases, if you have been the victim of a hit-and-run, you may be eligible for compensation through the Missouri Crime Victims’ Compensation program. This program is designed to help innocent victims of violent crimes, including hit-and-run accidents, and cover medical expenses, counseling, and other related costs.

A hit-and-run accident can be a challenging situation to navigate, but there are options available to help victims recover compensation for their injuries and losses. It’s essential to act promptly by reporting the incident to the police and exploring your insurance coverage options. If necessary, consult a qualified personal injury attorney who can guide you through the legal process to seek the compensation you deserve. While recovering from the physical and emotional aftermath of a hit-and-run accident is undoubtedly challenging, pursuing the available options can help alleviate the financial burden and provide a path to recovery.

Contact Our Hit-And-Run Accident Lawyer Today

In the aftermath of a hit-and-run accident, finding a way to seek fair compensation can be a complicated process. When faced with the complex web of legal matters and the uncertainty of identifying the responsible driver, consulting with a seasoned personal injury attorney is essential.

At Hollis Law Firm, our dedicated team of legal experts is ready to help advocate for your rights and navigate the intricacies of your case. Don’t allow the actions of a negligent driver to go unpunished or the burdens of your injuries to be borne alone. Contact Hollis Law Firm today for a free consultation, and let us provide you with the guidance and support necessary to secure the compensation you need to rebuild your life. Schedule a consultation today by completing our contact form or calling (800) 701-3672.