Looking for representation in the Eliquis lawsuit? Our experience, expertise, and resources make Hollis Law the ideal partner.
Eliquis is a type of anticoagulant prescribed for the prevention of deep vein thrombosis (DVT), pulmonary embolism (PE), stroke, and blood clots.
If you’ve been affected by this drug, contact us to learn how we can represent you in the Eliquis lawsuit.
Call the Hollis Law Firm at 1-800-701-3672 if you or a loved one has suffered from damages related to the use of this product. All calls and case evaluations are free and carry no obligation. The Hollis Law Firm works on cases on a contingent fee basis, which means we don’t get paid if you don’t get paid. Call 1-800-701-3672 to speak to one of our trained intake specialist so that your potential claim can be reviewed by an attorney at the Hollis Law Firm. The injuries and damages caused by contaminated products will not be uniform; therefore, claims will need to proceed on an individual basis and not as part of a class action.
Despite claims of superior safety and effectiveness compared to the older anticoagulant warfarin, there is thin supporting evidence that Eliquis is safer or more effective than warfarin. Unlike warfarin, Eliquis does not have an antidote that allows doctors to stop bleeding complications, nor does it require regular blood monitoring that can help prevent dangerous bleeding events. The Eliquis approval process has also come under scrutiny for reported irregularities at a clinical trial site.
History of the Case
The lawsuits accuse the company of selling a dangerous product. They also claim the company used deceptive advertising and hid the risk of complications.
Currently, there are no Mirena class action lawsuits in the U.S., but there are three main groups of individual lawsuits, two in New York and one in New Jersey. So far, Bayer has only offered to settle perforation lawsuits.
More than 130 lawsuits have been filed against Bristol-Myers Squibb and Pfizer over alleged injuries and deaths caused by Eliquis. Plaintiffs in Eliquis lawsuits make a number of accusations against the drugmakers, including the following:
- Not providing adequate warnings about Eliquis’ lack of a bleeding reversal agent
- Overstating the safety of Eliquis while downplaying its risks
- Failing to conduct complete and proper testing of Eliquis
- Bringing to market a drug with unreasonable, dangerous side effects
- Breaching a drug maker’s duty to bring to market reasonably safe products
- Negligently advertising and recommending Eliquis without sufficient knowledge of its dangers
- Concealing product safety information from the public
- Prioritizing profits over patient safety
- Committing fraud during Eliquis testing
- Causing patient injuries and deaths as a result of these acts and omissions
Injuries Related to Product
Eliquis may cause internal bleeding that is serious, irreversible, and potentially fatal. Eliquis bleeding risks include:
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Kidney bleeding
- Rectal bleeding
- Eye bleeding
- Spinal bleeding
- Cerebral hemorrhage
Do I Have a Case?
Give us a few details about your concerns and our case tool will help you get the answers you need.