Kansas City Breach of Contract Lawyer
Contracts are what make our modern world spin. We depend on contractual agreements to solidify everything from business deals to marriages—but they only work if all of the involved parties hold up their ends of the deal.
If another party is failing to uphold their contractual obligations, a Hollis Law Firm breach of contract lawyer may be able to help. At Hollis Law Firm, we help clients in Kansas City and throughout both Missouri and Kansas hold parties responsible for failing to uphold their legal promises.
Negotiating Settlements for a Breach of Contract in Kansas City
Breach of contracts can develop from internal disputes, such as with an employee or business partner, or external disputes, such as during a business transaction. When a lawsuit for a breach of contract arises, one of the involved parties is usually seeking legal remedies to recover the benefit of their deal.
Types of contract disputes we handle in Kansas City include, but are not limited to:
- Business contract disputes
- Employment contract disputes
- Purchase agreement disputes
- Sales contract disputes
A significant portion of contract lawsuits involves business torts. At Hollis Law Firm, we handle lawsuits involving complex business torts, including:
- Conversion and civil theft
- Defamation, libel, and slander
- Fraud and negligent misrepresentation
- Misappropriation of trade secrets
- Tortious interference with a business or contractual relationship
- Unfair trade practices
If you have suffered financial damages because of unfair or unlawful business practices, you could be eligible to recover compensation from the at-fault party.
Possible Remedies for a Breach of Contract in Kansas City
In most cases involving a breach of contract, we pursue claims for monetary damages or equitable relief on behalf of our clients in Kansas City.
Monetary damages can include:
- Compensatory damages: A financial award intended to “make the plaintiff whole” and provide economic relief for the benefits the plaintiff would have received if the contract had not been breached. These damages can include consequential damages, intended to compensate for any incidental damages that resulted from the breach of contract.
- Liquidated damages: A precise amount of money predetermined by the contract, usually used when the parties understand that ascertaining actual damages in the event of breach would be difficult or impossible.
- Attorneys’ fees: The costs of legal representation during contract litigation may be recoverable in some cases.
Another method of remedying a breached contract in Kansas City is with equitable relief—a directive by the court that a person or company act or refrain from acting in a certain way.
Equitable relief can include:
- Specific performance: A court order in which the breaching party must fulfill its promises under the terms of the contract, typically granted in lawsuits where economic damages would not sufficiently compensate the plaintiff.
- Rescission: When a Kansas City judge grants rescission, both sides are released from the contract, and any money previously paid under the contract is returned.
If you have been wronged by a breach of contract, your attorney will be able to explain what damages you may be eligible for.
Contact an Experienced Attorney to Settle a Breach of Contract in Kansas City
Regardless of what resulted in a breach of your contract, a Kansas City Hollis Law Firm attorney will fight diligently to protect your interests. If you have been accused of infringing upon the agreements in a contract yourself, it is essential that you seek qualified legal counsel.
At Hollis Law Firm, we are proficient in establishing appropriate remedies and monetary damages that help you recover what you deserve from the defendant. If you need responsive and skillful legal counsel to litigate a breach of contract matter in Kansas City or anywhere in Kansas or Missouri, contact us for a free evaluation of your case today. You may contact us by phone by calling (800) 701-3672 or online via our contact form.
Your Results Matter to Us
0k's of People Helped
We've helped thousands of clients get the results they want and need.
0+ Years Experience
Our overtime lawyers & unpaid wages attorneys have over 30 years of combined legal experience serving all types of clients.
$0 - Consultation Cost
All case evaluations are completely FREE and confidential.
Does Your Employer Have to Pay You for Training in Kansas City?
June 1, 2022
Over half a million new jobs have come onto the job market in the past year. With so...
Kansas City FMLA Protection
May 29, 2022
When an individual or their family suffers a medical emergency, federal law protects a qualifying employee’s right to...
What Can I Do if I Am Being Paid Below Minimum Wage in Kansas City
May 22, 2022
While state and federal laws are in place to protect workers from wage theft, it still happens, and...
4 Myths About Drug Testing for Work
May 15, 2022
Drug testing isn’t meant as a way to criminalize employees or demonstrate a lack of trust. Rather, the...
15 Types of Conduct That Leads to a Hostile Work Environment
May 8, 2022
While everyone deserves to work in a welcoming environment, the reality is that sometimes a work environment can...